Teaching kids to line dance went over quite well, except for the students who are like I would have been at that age. They'd rather not look foolish, and in avoiding looking foolish by dancing, look even more foolish by not dancing. Ahhh, the flawless logic of my youth. Today I've been playing along with the kids in their band practices as I brought my trumpet with me. I've also played a short solo for them, just for fun.
Last night, I added to the total I've already lost count of for run-ins with the law. The run-in was not for a negative, or potentially problem causing, reason this time, however. We were just playing Cosmic Wimpout in Squire's Castle and had a park ranger drive up the path and then walk into the castle, presumably on a routine check of the area. He stayed for a while and managed to watch one of us cluck like a chicken, and another one yell "train wreck, clear the tracks!" He then asked us what the object of the game was and chuckled at the silly rules and game-play. We probably made his night.
This evening, my family is going to a Captains' game and tomorrow evening will be packed with fun...now if I can just sneak a round of disc golf in, the weekend should be perfect.
Time to head over to the other school...
No comments:
Post a Comment