April 28, 2010

Unplanned Day Off

Yesterday was a very odd day. I found out on Monday morning that my cooperating teacher's mother had died over the weekend and that he would need a day to go to the funeral and everything. This left me with Monday afternoon and all of yesterday off from my teaching obligations, yet I still had to work last night at the big "M". I woke up yesterday morning with a stiff neck and stiff shoulders. I was also never able to feel like I completely woke up all day, despite getting 9+hrs of sleep. I got some shopping done for both my brother and my niece who have birthdays coming up toward the end of May. I also played some pool with my parents and by doing so, found what will probably become a new activity for me as it only cost $3.50 to get a table for an hour and that is just about the cheapest form of entertainment around.

Work consisted of me washing dishes for the better part of my 5 1/2 hour shift. I managed to drench myself as several of the items which require washing at the end of the day do not even fit into the big sinks and when you spray them off you should really have a dish apron on, but our store's apron went missing a long time ago. After working, I caught the end of the Cavs game, which was enough to see LeBron shoot a left handed free throw because he has done something screwy to his right elbow which won't show up on an MRI. Here's hoping that is not enough to stop him from making an honest attempt at bringing the franchise, and the city of Cleveland a much needed Championship. The man is not as amazing as people around here think he is, but the athlete and basketball player certainly is. I really hope he signs here this summer and that we can bring in another superstar with the money which will free up with Shaq's expiring contract.

I have to determine whether or not I'm making a Cedar Point trip in May now that I've discovered I'm going for sure in June with Lincoln Electric's company picnic day because my brother-in-law always scores a few extra tickets. I'm going to make that determination this evening as well as inquiring about guests during my parents' trip to Germany in two weeks. I'm quite jealous that they get to go overseas, and yet I've come to enjoy having a house to myself. I definitely need one of these applications I've been filling out and sending in to result in an interview and ultimately a job because it is time to answer only to myself and my Fiancee.

Nightmare on Elm Street remake comes out Friday! I'd totally go that day, but apparently I'm already locked into attending a Lake County Captains game (my county's Single A ball team) with my family. So, looks like Saturday! I'm sure the pinochle group at my church can do without me for one month. An increasing desire to play miniature golf is creeping up on me as well. The weekend promises to be a good one for sure. Now, if only it would arrive faster...

No comments: