April 15, 2010

New Style for Consideration

As a follow up to my last post, last night I downloaded Funkadelic's One Nation Under a Groove. I was very satisfied with this as my new listening style. I'll have to find some more albums off of this website to download at a later date. Nothing like a little funk....inspired by my recent re-watching of Undercover Brother. It would not have satisfied my needs from the other night completely, but it's a step in the right direction...I've not listened to nearly enough funk, and I always enjoy it when I hear it in a movie or at a jazz concert.

Last night I washed dishes for nearly 3 hours and was sent home early upon completing them so that was just about all I did on my short shift. I had washed breakfast dishes before, but that didn't require cleaning out old ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard, and beef grease. The task is disgusting and if I had been feeling even moderately queasy to begin with, I definitely would have lost it. That being said, it is a very low key and relaxing way to spend several hours because no one bothers you and you aren't making food for impatient customers. I'd take it over most jobs in the store...as long as my stomach cooperates.

I'm sensing a strong need for another photography adventure. Someone needs to go with me (you know who you are)! If money weren't a hindrance any longer, after putting money aside to pay back my loans, buy a new car that will last me awhile, setting some money aside for a rainy day, setting money aside for a future house (nothing huge or fancy, but nice and homely with a big yard), and buying a piccolo trumpet, flugelhorn, and cornet, I WOULD TOTALLY BUY A FANCIER CAMERA, because as I know I've rambled about before, I've discovered that taking photos while out on a beautiful day could very easily become a hobby of mine if I had the proper equipment.

And...as that is already too long of a post for my poor readers to put up with or remain interested in...back to the kiddies...

No comments: