April 13, 2010

Meetings are Useless

I hate the formality of having meetings where students are given information they already know. That, however, was what I had to sit through for an hour and a half last night. That led to hanging out with a few friends and having a drink at the Winking Lizard. I also made sure to get outside and shoot a few hoops just for a bit of exercise and refreshing air.

I understand that yet another teacher in this area has been accused of having sex with a minor. First off, one must mention that this is completely disgusting, it is one thing to see a kid and think that they were your type when you were back in middle school or high school...it's another thing entirely to actually be attracted to them. Secondly, I have to ask, what comes over you that you would A. Have sex with a minor (particularly 13-14yr old kids) or B. Risk your livelihood and your freedom over an affair with a child? At most schools there are at least a few attractive adults, why not target them, instead of forcing a minor into it or getting their consent, which you know isn't legal and will come out in the future for money or whatever other reasons.

The Indians lost yet another Home opener yesterday, and so it continues...big offense (2 whole runs) and a record of 2 and 5 to start the season. The Cavs are tail-spinning into the playoffs because they've decided to rest all their starters for the last few games to keep them fresh for the playoffs. This strategy will almost certainly backfire on them when they meet their opponents and have to, first, shake off the rust of not competing at the high level of actual NBA games for over a week. The Browns, last I heard, are considering drafting Jimmy Clausen...our last major QB drafted was also from the University of Notre Dame and we all know how well that worked out for us. So, in summary, the state of Cleveland sports is set to remain the same for another year.

Time to eat some lunch before returning to teaching...

No comments: