April 16, 2010

Job Search Begins

Resume complete...check.
First application filled out and sent...check.

It feels good to finally be starting the official job search. Though, with the economy and my past being what it is and was respectively, I fear I may wind up taking a part-time position to get experience to hopefully be hired down the road. Trying to keep a positive outlook on it dictates that I approach this whole thing from the standpoint of...I know that I will be a good teacher, and there are honestly no doubts in my mind or those close to me that this is true, so if I can just get an interview...I think I can impress. It is amazing to finally be to this stage in my career as a student and as jobs are opening up, I'm definitely noting them and applying as quickly as I can.

Next few steps...
Tons more applications filled out and sent in.
Application for License (have it, just need to do it).
Pray that if I am offered a position it is near where the Fiancee gets one because another year far a part would perhaps be a deal-breaker for accepting, would have to consider the options first for sure.
Enjoy the little things along the way (have a best friend getting married this summer, I'm playing in an ensemble finally, friends from around here, spending time with family while I'm still here on a more permanent basis).

I've found a few things to satisfy my desires from a previous blog in the musical realm. Dream Theater is so technically and musically impressive that I think I may be finding a new band in them to add to the favorites list. A few guys getting together while attending at frickin' Berklee and forming a band that has now been around for 20 years pusing the envelope of what is possible technically, musically, and inspirationally is pretty phenomenal. Funkadelic is very satisfying, as mentioned before. And on the classical end of things...I have hours worth of one symphony by Anton Bruckner to listen to.

As is typical of NE Ohio...much like Valpo...the weather was pretty awesome the past few days but as i look out the window here on my break it seems to be preparing for a cold weekend...rain and wind are ruling the day.

That is all...

No comments: