April 14, 2010

New Listening Desires

I'm not exactly certain what I am looking for. All I know is that I am looking and haven't found what I seek just yet. I have a strong desire to find some new music, not just another band that plays the same music with different lyrics and different musicians...I want something with a whole new feel and vibe. A couple months ago I stumbled upon Buckethead, but he could only fill this void for so long and now it has crept back up again. My musical tastes are shifting a bit over the past year or so as I'm not around Valparaiso people anymore. I've started to enjoy listening to more music without lyrics at all, such as Buckethead's solo albums, or Victor Wooten playing bass. Of course, this does not mean I've stopped listening to my other music all-together, in fact, it is rare that I listen to these new things. Some situations, such as talking to the Fiancee and a few other people late at night on instant messenger, just call for a different vibe than I can get from my usual stuff (i.e. Classical Music, Mainstream Rock/Metal/I really don't understand genres...but Mainstream stuff). If anyone has something I've never heard of before which isn't rap or boy-band-ish, I'm all ears.

Back to classes...

No comments: