As is the norm in NE Ohio, the weather is great on a Monday, and probably will be all week after a bad weather weekend. Rain, wind, and cold plagued my weekend and today, while it is a bit chilly, it is sunny and warmER than the weekend was. That being said, I wouldn't have really had a partner for disc golf yesterday anyway so the opportunity to learn cribbage (that game everyone has a copy of in their parents' home, but doesn't actually know how to play) as well as send off a few more applications was pleasant enough. I'd be alright with a job in Ohio, I suppose. Cribbage isn't tremendously exciting, but I'm happy to have it in my repertoire of games anyway. It provided entertainment for an hour or so once I discovered that with some Hoyle Card Games book reminders, my dad recalled how to play from his youth. His help was much needed as my mom and I completely failed at interpreting the bare bones directions on the inside of the box we have.
I'm beginning to relinquish control of a few of my classes so that my cooperating teacher can take over once again when my requirements are complete in a short while. This is sort of a sad day because I would like to see this through to the end of the semester and some upcoming concerts and a musical. My journal entries are nearly finished and my editing of papers for the portfolio assignment is progressing at an acceptable pace, so hopefully I won't find myself very stressed out over the next few weeks with anything except finding a position for next year.
I'm looking forward to rehearsing with the orchestra tonight as last week I could not, what with a meeting and all and the week before was the day after Easter and therefore rehearsal was not scheduled. A concert approaches in just two short weeks and this should be fun. I've taken up practicing more regularly the last couple of weeks and I think it is helping with my sanity. Beginning to listen to music all the time once more is also helping. I have no idea why I ever allowed myself to go through days at a time without having music in the background while I worked or ate dinner or lounged.
I suppose that is enough for one blog post so I will refrain from continuing my stream of consciousness writing for now. Back to work...
No comments:
Post a Comment