Most people are excited when they go to someplace warm for break. This is also true for me, but I'll make the best of my current circumstances, I had one day over 65 degrees...that was nice. I've been up to the lake twice, no swimming though, of course. I've also taken a hike in a snowy valley, which was a lot of fun and I'll post some pictures on facebook when back at school where my cord is.
This relaxation was much needed. Midterms will sure take something out of you. And now, I finaly don't have to listen to people discuss where they are going to live next year anymore. Almost all the details on that subject have been decided. Now I can just kick back and exhaust myself physically rather than emotionally and mentally.
While in that valley mentioned in my first paragraph, I managed to drench my foot, through boots. This is not an easy feet (spelling and pun intended). In order to reach our destination ( a big and gorgeous waterfall with all the flood water we've got around here), we had to brave crossing a stream which does not exist when the water level is relatively normal. This involved walking through about 4" deep racing (and freezing) water. We were the only people dumb enough to go down into the valley today as evidenced by the lack of any tracks down there. Exhaustion clears the mind, and 200ish steps after 2+ hours trapsing around a river bed will provide exhaustion on a cold day.
Dave's silly summary of the day will return when Dave has a more interesting post.
No comments:
Post a Comment