I went bowling today, as the title would suggest. This was the first time I had been bowling in the real sense rather than on Wii in at least 2 years. I sucked it up in the first game winding up with only a 109, and having to spare and strike in the 10th to pull even that off. The second game started rather miserably as well, but then I managed to get marks in the last 5ish frames in a row for a total of 138 which is more respectable for my only going out once in a long while. It was fun, but my shoes didn't slide on one of the throws and my left quadracep feels that moment of discomfort even now, 7 hours later.
On to a sport that matters, NCAA Basketball. The Big Ten Tourney disappointed yesterday as 50 seconds of horrific officiating quite possibly knocked the Buckeyes out of the NCAA Tournament. In 50 seconds, 4 fouls were called on the Bucks and a technical. One of those fouls was remotely justifiable. Three of the fouls were called on one, just one, of our players. And we lost by within one point of the points given to Michigan State in those 50 seconds. The technical was called on a Buckeye player who yelled "Oh no!" at the official for calling a very weak foul on a shot attempt down low. That play alone cost the Bucks 2 technical free throws, and two at the line for the bull**** foul, all of which were made. That just made me sick. Always nice to have officiating comparable to that of the Mid-Con or Horizon show up in Big Ten tournament games and within 50 seconds determine a team's potential birth into the big dance.
I head back to school tomorrow, I look forward to the remainder of the semester, but I can never quite say I'm ready to go back. This has been a relaxing break and I could use a few more days of sleeping in and doing no work.
DSSotD:
Never trust a Mid-Con or Horizon bowling official to take care of a Big Ten Tourney game or the result will have you pulling your left quad while MSU goes back to school at The Ohio State University to learn how to dance with the stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment