March 6, 2008

CNN is hilarious

So, I was watching the news tonight, odd thing for me to be doing, but that's beside the point. This whole thing with MI and FL democratic primary votes not counting is quite funny. The fact that CNN's anchorman was trying to bash FL's governer for making the statement that democracy is more important than what the DNC or RNC think made my day. What were you expecting to happen when you moved up your primary date? ... Oh, I thought all my state's votes wouldn't count because of some stupid technicality in party convention rules. What the heck was he supposed to say?

In other news, I was excited to see that OSU topped Purdue yesterday in a thriller. Always nice to play the spoiler when you aren't good enough to be important in any other rite. Also, why are we previewing the Duke-UNC game the entire week before it happens. This isn't the national championship and it really only needs to concern the ACC and North Carolinians.

I'm getting old...in retrospect, it may not have been the wisest thing to spend 3-4 hours hiking around in that snowy valley in boots yesterday. Snow boots are not made for lots of hiking on uneven and wet terrain. My calves are very sore today and I am, in general, more tired that I should be. It was worth it though, lots of fun and let's be honest, what do I have to do for the next week? All I did today was some set-up work at my church and some ping pong with my nephew and that doesn't take a limber body.

DSSotD:

Always watch CNN for updates on ACC games you don't care about featuring Duke and UNC battling it out in the Boot Wearing Ping Pong Championships hosted by Dickie V, unless you live in FL or MI, cause there you don't count.

No comments: