Callouses are coming in strong from playing guitar. Ask me next time you see me and I have a guitar and I'll probably play and sing a couple tunes for you.
New mouthpiece for the trumpet is working out well, I'm quite pleased with my tone quality and attacks. Endurance is improving by the day. Made a 50 dollar order for music online from a webpage called Hickey Music...WTF?
Now the real subject of this blog:
So, for those of you who may for some reason not know or remember, Valpo converted to a walking campus, ripping out union street from the union to the VUCA so that you have to walk to get from one side of campus to the other quickly. This seems all well and good to the average person who visits during the non winter months, but for those of us still walking across campus, it sucks. Today was some of the crappiest weather I've seen in a long time. We got rain, sleet, snow, sleet, rain, and I think it is snowing again...and that was the order too. This was on top of the 3-4 inches of snow that melted yesterday. Hence Valpo, which must have a water table half an inch below the ground, was already flooded, and the sidewalks froze today. Then we added about 2 inches of slush to the ice making walking across campus wet, slippery, muddy, and all other things nasty. So, in summary, don't come here in the winter, it's not worth the new pair of shoes per day you'd need.
No comments:
Post a Comment