February 10, 2008

Butter Lover's and Copeland

Today was a good day, mostly because it's the weekend, but still, a good day. The highlight has to be receiving a drunk dial from my good friend Meghan. Seeing as how she typically plays up being further gone than she is, it is debatable how drunk she really was. None the less, it was great to be invited to a late night Taco Bell run.

Thanks to the generosity of Kristin, I now have microwavable popcorn, Cheeze Its, and Dr. Pepper around the room, which is a great improvement over two bottles of beer and some Easy Mac which was all I had before. There really is no comparable popcorn that I've tried of the microwave variety that compares to ACT II Butter Lover's. It's just excellent stuff. Whatever the crap they have at the union is just doesn't compare and Butter Lover's is a huge step up from just regular butter or the kettle corn stuff. Though, real kettle corn at fairs or festivals is really where it is at and I love a good batch of popcorn popped by my dad back home.

Going along with the flavor of the rest of this random post, I went to a VUSO concert this evening and saw the three concerto competition winners perform their pieces. The best number of the concert was definitely El Salon Mexico by Copeland, however. I'm pleased to say that even in my absence from the VUSO, the trumpet solo near the beginning was well played.

So, to repeat from last night's post, here's my attempt to tie everything together into Dave's silly summary of the day:

Wouldn't it be nice to eat Taco Bell for a nice, classy dinner before an orchestra concert complimented by beer and Butter Lover's popcorn, which would obviously lead to a drunk dial to your friend from Mexico?

1 comment:

MegHan said...

The silly summaries make the blog. For sure.

And, um, how about a discussion on chacon for your next blog.