Yeah, it's been a while since my last post. You would think that means I should have lots to talk about in my blog, wouldn't you? Sorry to dissapoint, nothing much is new on this front. You all know of the joys of the former roomate being in town this past week. Much beverage consumption, rock band, and VU Basketball was had by all. I am a stellar drum set player on medium, just fyi.
Life has gotten busier with a lot of reading and writing for my courses, I read a lot about Gustav Mahler, so if you ever wonder about his history when you listen to his fabulous symphonies (I like them, but doubt the rest of you will ever care)...ask me and I'll fill you in on his life and work. I also designed activities for my high school music students which complete all nine of the national content standard areas, woo hoo...great stuff, I know.
Jimmy John's pong set up to 7 glasses thanks to generous donations and my having gone there another time.
I feel quite old because my niece just uploaded pictures of her going to winter formal at my former high school. I suppose it does not feel like yesterday that I was doing that same thing, but it does feel like she shouldn't be there yet. She looks gorgeous by the way, I am a proud uncle.
My final note for today has to be a report on the most recent embarassment and will go right over the head of many of my readers. I had to sing for Dr. Friesen-Carper (DFC as the music department throng endearingly refer to him as) today to complete a sight singing requirement for a course I'm in. The embarassment ocurred when I realized that I had gotten off key and stopped to awkwardly inform him of this, as if he wasn't aware, before continuing on to actually regain where I was going. I informed my instructor that I made a mistake, which actually resulted in my having gotten a higher grade than if I had just ran with it and kept plowing forward like you are taught to do if you make mistakes in an ensemble or solo performance. Of course, this was a slightly different situation because I was being graded in ear training. Hence, when I made a mistake and noticed it and was able to identify, what it was AND where it happened in the music, he realized that my ear has been well trained. Herein ends the "boring" part of my post for today. However, if I can't post about what I want to say, why have a blog at all, right?
DSSotD:
Who can frown upon a rocking drummer drinking out of his JJ pong set with his gorgeous niece after an embarassing singing experience at the winter formal? What else was he supposed to do? Listen to a symphony by Gustav Mahler? Please!!!
1 comment:
It occurred to me how boring Valpo is. Though it was great not having to give a damn for a few days.
And, in last night's Valpo game, it was running through my head, and it gains more validity every game I watch:
"Tell me again why Loyd sees the floor".
I'm ready for baseball.
Post a Comment