February 9, 2008

Jimmy John's and Loans

Today was a good day besides my waking up feeling ill. I guess the satelite tv going out before I could catch the end of the Fresh Prince episode was less than stellar as well.

Dinner plans to go to Lank and pick up junk food didn't work out due to Lank closing earlier than I remembered, so I hit up Jimmy John's tonight. This has led me to consider starting my Jimmy John's Cups for Beer Pong collection, only 19 more to go. Such excellent food...mmmm. While there Kristin and I led a discussion about where she is living next semester which led me to begin consideration of where I would like to live once I enter the real world in a little more depth, seeing has how that is no longer in the distant future. The appeal of a job in a city like Chicago, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, or Cleveland became apparent (teachers often receive assistance with their federal loans from the government to take a job in the inner city). I think I could handle a few years in any of those cities. Also, living in a city provides one the draw factor...aka...people will come visit to check out the city and stay with you for a weekend now and then. However, city life, on the other hand, is not ideal for a family or for a solid music program in a school and your job may be in danger at all times due to lack of funding for the school. Therefore, this is not a long term answer, but rather a ploy to live in a city (because it would be fun) and get loans paid off (which would be wonderful) in the short term scenario.

Tying all the elements of this post into one:

Once I get a teaching job in a city, you all must visit to eat Jimmy John's and play beer pong with what will hopefully by then be a complete set of Jimmy John's Cups for Beer Pong.

No comments: