I am packing my bags tonight and leaving for Valparaiso this weekend. After a perceived long, and very drawn out period of waiting, it has been determined that a trip to Valpo is acceptable for the Fiancee and I. This weekend corresponds with a Friday off for each of us and includes the Valpo-Butler game which has provided thrills in the past. The opportunity to see each other has been long coming and I can't say I'd like to wait another 3 months any time soon.
A random thought I've been pondering for a few days: Why are small dogs so much more agressive than larger ones. The most agressive dog my family has had was a little Sheltie-Corgie mix and was coincidentally the smallest dog by far. I heard about a Dachshund on my morning show yesterday which is being threatened to be put to sleep for biting a vet. If a vet wants to put your animal to sleep, something's gotta be up because they deal with a lot and love those animals. My theory is and has always been that the small dogs make up for their size with their bite/bark. If you mess with a big dog, chances are a little rough-housing won't hurt the dog and if it does get hurt, it knows it can fight back...the small dog may get hurt in rough-housing and attempts to scare you off by sounding intimidating.
Off to work before a "Weekend Trip" and seeing my girl for the first time in what seems like forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment