February 10, 2010

Snow

Today should have been a snowday...for sure. Not only because of the awful driving conditions, but also because on a day like this, students are not capable of behaving, all they can think about is all the fun they could be having if school had been canceled. Eyes out the window, restless behavior, talking in hushed, but excited tones, plans being made to go sledding after school. "Want to come over tonight, mom said it'd be OK." "I thought today was going to be a snow day." "I made the biggest snowball EVER and threw it at ___ last night, and it was so cool!" "I hope that recess is outside today!"

I'm becoming familiar with the life of working two jobs...unfortunately, I'm paid for only one, and it is the lesser paying position. A long teaching day with meetings after school followed by working a few hours at a chain restaraunt is a bit much for my tastes, however I enjoy having the income to make my Fox and Hound card worthwhile.

I got to the computer way too late today, so Back to Work...

No comments: