February 9, 2010

Another day...another lunch post

Sitting in the teachers' lounge typing up a blog post. I was pleased with the result of the Super Bowl and I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of how mad Nixon was probably getting as his Colts were being man-handled in the second half. I'm not so much for the Saints as I am tired of Peyton Manning this, Peyton Manning that so I had to root for the underdogs this time. The commercials set a very high bar in the first quarter or so which they couldn't live up to for the remainder of the game, but all in all...those awesome Bud and Dorito commercials early on made this one of the better Super Bowl commercial performances in recent memory.

Last Saturday, I helped plan and put on the youth group event at my church...I had the youth play goofy and fun to watch "olympic" games. I was somewhat nervous that today's youth are not as silly and active as we were back in that day, but I learned that they just need the proper prodding...and one appropriate technique is to show them that the "leaders" aren't afraid to be silly too. Ruth, my sister, and I played along with them. One of the games was a ridiculous relay which can be watched on my Facebook. Other games included a modified and therefore funnier version of Duck Duck Goose and a more active version of Rock, Paper, Scissors. All in all, coupled with making Super Bowl Subs for the orders they had sold the previous few Sundays, the event was a success and I believe all parties had a good time.

Last night, I auditioned for, and got the third trumpet chair in the Lakeland Civic Orchestra. This orchestra is no big deal or anything, I don't think I even get paid for it, but I sat in on their first rehearsal and was pleasantly surprised that they aren't terrible. It will make a nice outlet for me to play in an ensemble once more after a semester+ dry spell. I'm secretly hoping that one of the the other two trumpet players decide they don't have time for the ensemble or something, because I think I could outplay them, but since it's more of a community ensemble, the conductor isn't going to give away their seats to a newer member.

A boring post, I know, but at least I'm getting back into the habit of posting...perhaps...

...back to work...

No comments: