After a long absence, partially due to a lack of computer, but primarily due to laziness...I'm going to attempt to make my return to the blogging world. My desktop of 7 years has finally seen its better days. The time came to decide whether to limp, making expensive change after expensive change, or to just make the investment of getting a good laptop. I opted for the laptop, and now I'm blogging from a McDonald's between my two schools. I feel like an old man because the primary population of people eating in at McDonald's at lunch are senior citizens. I've been evesdropping on two old men who have covered such thrilling topics as gas prices, our below average snowfall totals, and social security.
After my first week with this laptop, I can say that I think it will serve me very well. Technology has improved so much since I got my desktop that I cannot believe how fast this computer is able to process any information. Being able to download gigs upon gigs of photos from flash drives in 15 minutes or so while surfing the web and using Word would have resulted in an insane amount of lag on my old computer.
I haven't done a very good job of keeping up on others' blogs either, so we'll see whether I start to review old entries of all of you or if I just pick up where we're at. I hope that this entry finds all of you healthy and happy.
Back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment