I'm sure you all care, but I now have a bass and a book from which to learn how to play said bass...finally! So now I will begin working on being able to play bass as well as hopefully picking up my trumpet more often.
This past week was hell...very little time for fun, and complete exhaustion was achieved most every day. Unfortunately, even with all that exhaustion achieved, and less than 6hrs of sleep enjoyed last night...and having been tired almost all day today, I'm now wide awake. Saturday night into Sunday is basically the only time for me to get a reasonable nights sleep, so I'm blogging in the hopes that as time passes and I do my facebook check, my blog post, my deviantart scoping and such, I will be able to reach a point at which I can fall asleep.
Today saw me get a pretty bad burn on my left wrist, which gets irritated everytime my watch moves up and down my arm. I managed to splatter the nasty liquid from the vats used to cook breaded chicken products and fish at work today, not fun. Fortunately, the day looked up upon having gotten off work and coming home. I practiced a bit, and then went to a party for the Contemporary Service volunteers. The food was good, fellowship was fun, and the evening resulted in sticking around longer to play Rock Band and other fun multiplayer video games. Once I got home from that, I managed to catch a bit of the Olympic speedskating prior to coming in here to begin my wind-down for sleep. I'm disappointed that the American got shoved and therefore lost his balance and had to struggle to pick up the Bronze in the 100m...the race was a lot of fun to watch, though.
I'm hoping for a trip to the alma mater this coming weekend, so keep your fingers crossed for me that my Fiancee and I can make the weekend hopes happen. And obviously, if you are in or near Valpo...I'll let you know if the trip comes to fruition once I know more.
On to my next phase of preparing for sleepiness...
No comments:
Post a Comment