I went to the Collage concert at my alma mater last night. 20 or so groups and soloists performed spanning from bands, vocal ensembles, strings, and a jazz group. It was an impressive display of "Music Education in Action." ahhhh...Doebler flashbacks. Watching the logistics of 7ish different performance locations being used off and on within the auditorium so that the show would end in just over an hour and a half was perhaps the most amazing aspect of the whole concert. As one ensemble played, one was set up, ready to go and another was setting up. This concert has been an annual event since I was there and they've truly mastered the logistical aspects of the show. My niece performed in one of the two bands and a friend through the church was in several other ensembles so it was fun to see them shine.
The Cavs win last night was awesome. I caught the best 5 minutes of the game...the last 5. LeBron turned up the heat and Shaq and Delonte West assisted as the Cavs took the game from tied to winning it by 12 or so. Some of the moves LeBron made were sick. Statement game, I guess...trying to prove that Orlando isn't going to take them out in the playoffs again this year. As much as it pains me to say it...I think we are a better team with him than we would be with other players we could afford without him. I sort of want to see him go, and yet, watching what he can do on the floor is magical. Now, if he could just be less of an arrogant "D" everything would be perfect.
Almost the weekend...back to work...
No comments:
Post a Comment