I watched the big game today after getting home from work, caught it from half-time on. The second half was very exciting, for soccer, but in extra time, as my Facebook status currently indicates, I was not impressed by the effort or stamina of the USA squad. We wound up losing and the announcers thought we had nothing to be ashamed of, but why not do a bit better?
Disc golf last night on a new course could have resulted in a lot of Poison Ivy and seems to have not. This leads me to believe that I am not allergic. I know that I walked through it without attempting to avoid it, spot it, or respect it. I consciously picked up my disc when it had gone through a patch of poison ivy and even grazed it with my hand when it was sitting in a bit of it. I did go to the trouble of taking a very, very thorough shower upon getting home 3hrs after teeing off on the first hole. That is enough time for it to have taken effect, though, isn't it? I also think that now, 28hours after completion, sure fire signs of itching and rashes would have appeared.
I tossed an ultimate frisbee around our backyard with my dad for about an hour this evening before watching The Untouchables (great, great movie which I hadn't seen in far too long). One of our neighbors was/is having a graduation party or something and their music selection was impeccable running through artists like Johnny Cash, The Beach Boys, The Temptations, and many other awesome summer artists.
Useless Stat of the Day:
1 of every 64 people in Alaska have earned a Pilot's License.
What do you think that stat would be for your home state?
No comments:
Post a Comment