This past week was Vacation Bible School week at my home church and I helped out as much as I could. One of the highlights was bee-ing a guard bee in the skit which occurred twice daily. I wore a leather jacket, white shirt and thin tie, an earpiece, and sunglasses with sparkly (gay) wings and a bee hat complete with antennas. The kids loved the skit every day so it was worth it.
I think I have also made a transition to iced tea being the beverage I consume most for the summer. It is cheap to buy and even cheaper to make. I enjoy the sweetened varieties, but at home, it's very refreshing to drink simple, unsweetened iced tea with just a hint of lemon to take away a bit of the bitterness.
Cedar Point, which I don't honestly remember whether I've blogged about or not, yet, was a lot of fun a week ago Saturday until a downpour and nasty lightning show ended our night 2hrs early. The longest wait of the day was 45 minutes for the Maverick, and most waits were in the range of no wait at all to 30 minutes at the Millenium and Raptor. I even made time to see a country show and an ice skating show themed on the cartoon strip Peanuts. Various non-roller coasters got attention as well such as, but not limited to: the Witches Wheel, Max Air, Skyhawk, the Giant Wheel, Power Tower, the paddle boat ride complete with horrible jokes, and the hanging cars that take you down the main causeway. Essentially, I got on every ride I wanted to enjoy except the Dragster (broke down a bunch of times) and perhaps the Mantis (which I'm not crying about).
I apologize if the above paragraph is a repeat of a previous post which I have been too lazy to check.
No significant new news on the front of the job search, unfortunately. I hit a short period of being very stressed about it, which I think a long talk with my loving and caring Fiancee has now cured because today at church, a car wash I helped at to benefit the youth going to the national gathering, and playing games with a friend all afternoon, I haven't been feeling very stressed. Now, I just completed an application and rewarded myself, and all of you, with a blog post.
Back to work, finding a job...
1 comment:
Are there pictures of you sporting the sparkly wings?
Post a Comment