May 31, 2010

Disc Golf and Parade

I went to the Memorial Day parade today to see my niece march with the Marching Band. The band was pretty much the entire parade. A boy scout troop and two veteran groups a few cop cars and politicians. Pretty boring, not even any candy...so fortunately the band was pretty good for a Memorial Day performance. My best friend's little brother who has become a good friend of mine marched as Section Leader of the trumpets for the first time today as well, so that was neat to see.

Various members of my family had to work today so we did our BBQ yesterday having hamburgers, brats, and hot dogs with watermelon and chips. All that was missing was a few beers. That got taken care of come nightfall when I got to hang out with my friend, in from Louisiana. After the BBQ was over, my sister's family and I went disc golfing out at Lakefront park in Ashtabula, definitely the best course in NE Ohio. My nephew and I both played the Blue tees while everyone else played Reds. He and I both shot under par for the day which was very impressive for only our third time out this season and the difficulty of this course, which we'd only played once before (also that was last year). The views were great and you can see a few photos of our fun up on my Facebook page.

Upon returning from having a few beers out at the Winking Lizard last night, my friend and her family invited me back to their place to play some Beatles Rock Band and I managed to sing some very "unique" harmonies. Tonight, I have to work, so hopefully I can get outside for some fun activities tomorrow again.

That is all...

No comments: