May 24, 2010

Chucks, Cone Golf, and Breakwall

I'm certain photos will be surfacing on Facebook before long for you all to enjoy of one Trumpet player, who is not, in fact, Hiding. No trumpets will be in this album, but only a trumpet player could suit up in the new "cone golfing" uniform. It takes self confidence and arrogance to wear a horribly colored horizontal striped shirt with bold, plaid shorts, plaid Chucks, and women's knee high socks. I do think I may have fallen for Chucks, how I made it this long in life without a pair, I may never know, but two days into my relationship with these, and I'm definitely liking them. They fit the musician's aura of laziness and artistic temperment.

The resurrection of cone golf is an important part of the story as well. We purchased these "uniforms" because they fit so well with the silliness, yet amazingness, which is throwing cones onto a larger cone with golf scoring. With a lock-in involved, we managed to cone golf at 3am as well, in uniform.

Tonight, we hit the breakwall for a photo-shoot, one which will have to occur again soon when we've made it to the other side of the lighthouse prior to, instead of 10 min after, sunset. It was still a lot of fun, and the weather was perfect. It was a great capper to a day which included, but was not limited to, a trip to Coventry with a good friend to check out the shops and stopping by a "mall" afterwards (heh heh), a custard-eating fest as a substitute for dinner, and Hellraiser...to see how it was. A raccoon found it's way all the way out onto the breakwall, a feat which anyone who has been out there realizes, is ridiculous for an animal to perform as there is nothing for an animal to gain by being out there. It has now been dubbed, the rockoon and we hope it is present on future visits, but hopefully it doesn't try to attack me again.

That is all...

No comments: