This weather today...terrible. There has been a thick fog all morning, and as I glance out the window now...it hasn't gotten any lighter either. The morning commute was awful between reduced visibility and a hard-driving rain. I woke up with what I am left to assume is a sinus headache which Advil has barely helped and to top it off....as one might expect...the students have been a pain today thus far. Halfway there though, just needed a break and didn't have anyone but you all to complain to. On the brighter side, many significant worries have been lifted from my shoulders over the past few weeks and I am finally completely focused on what will hopefully prove to be a fruitful job search. So it is difficult to be too down on the day.
Last nights symphony rehearsal led to me having claim to the 2nd trumpet spot after the previous holder's third absence in as many weeks of rehearsal. This is awesome because it means I will be able to play on my first Beethoven Symphony.
Well, without leading to politics or brackets, both of which I'm sick of reading about on Facebook...I think the only subject worth talking about I have left is wedding planning. Is my masculinity compromised by being excited about making wedding arrangements? I think not. Though none of them can be completely official as of yet, it is still fun to have the plan in place and talk about it often. Once we can set a date (are in the same place at the same time), this wedding will be as close to planning itself as is possible.
I made a mental note after my last post to try and keep future posts significantly shorter, but I think I may have failed today, and for that I apologize. Hope today finds everyone else doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment