So, since I barely had a speaking voice yesterday and am uncertain of what today will bring on that front, I'm going to use my written voice this morning. First off...the drive back to campus on Sunday was a pain. 6 hours when it should take 5 due to poor weather conditions and a major accident causing at least 6 miles worth of back up on 80/90. Secondly...once I got back I had to attend a 3 hour rehearsal for the Christmas concert. (btw, you should come hear me play with the VUSO. There's a cool brass fanfare composed by one of our own, Trevor Castorline. The concerts are Friday at 7:30 and Saturday at 5:00) Those rehearsals are always such a joy. And to top all that off, I woke up Monday without a voice to start Hell Week. We have so many rehearsals this week...it's nuts.
On a lighter note, it is good to be back with friends and most importantly, Kristin.
I drove to Noodles and company yesterday and at the intersection next to TGIFridays here in Valpo I slid straight down the hill while trying to break and hit my front bumper pretty good because they had decided not to put salt on that dangerous spot at all apparently. I was incredibly fortunate and blessed that the light was green so I didn't slide into the crossing traffic and instead just had to make an extremely awkward turn and go on my way.
One final thing...I was confused and perplexed by President elect Obama's Cabinet choices yesterday, but upon further thought, I actually respect him for choosing a panel that seems to have differing views from his own. This is a mark of someone who truly wants to lead, he wants to hear all the sides before making major decisions that affect all of our lives.
2 comments:
Amen!
Well said.
Post a Comment