The title of this blog is a word I strive to say more often. It is a word that I need to become more familiar with, a word that would save me from much angst and agitation. It would free me from many trials and tribulations. This one word would have made my entire Christmas break better and more relaxing. Unfortunately, I'm apparently not familiar with this word and it refuses to roll off my tongue with anywhere near the ease that it cascades from others' tongues with on a daily basis.
Why am I incapable of saying this word? I came close today, but failed. I nearly told my niece's boyfriend that I couldn't work in his absence from my dreaded place of employment. Much to my dismay he has learned the awful tactic of awkward conversation and stalling from hanging up a phone at a young age. The longer one stalls the greater the likelihood of the other party losing the will-power to say NO NO NO. So I will be working tomorrow and while it's only 4 hours of my day, it is the principle of the issue, I've never worked on Sundays and have informed the company that I cannot on countless occasions, yet, there I will be tomorrow, wasting my time for very little money.
Of course, tomorrow wouldn't be a concern at all had I been able to simply utter the word "no" at Thanksgiving when I was asked to come back and work Christmas. I didn't go seeking employment over my vacation. I, in fact, had very little desire to give up my days that were originally going to be relaxing and fulfilling for my last Christmas home as a student and with this as my official residence. Oh, and this word troubles me much more often than you know. Many a thing have I done which I would rather not have and did not need to simply because I lack the ability to say...no.
So to make myself feel better...
I would continue this blog and give my readers an update on what's really been happening in my life over the past few weeks, but....
NO, not tonight, perhaps some other night.
No comments:
Post a Comment