December 5, 2008

Santa

My health has finally improved, let's hope this continues. My voice appears to be back to about 90%. I have 2 concerts and no one knows how much rehearsal time in between and you know what that calls for...consumption on Saturday after the last of it is over.

I watched The Santa Claus tonight with Tim Allen...it's hard to believe I watched that in the theaters when I was in elementary school. It's still just as amazing now as it was then, I should really purchase that movie.

I'm becoming addicted to mochas and lattes. This probably isn't a good thing as I plan to put very little money onto a meal card next semester and will therefore shift my coffee purchasing to Starbucks which is considerably more expensive and likely more addicting (because it's actually good). I guess I know where my gigging money will be going. Now I just need to purchase some peppermint schnapps to go into my espressos and I'll be all set.

And to continue my stream of consciousness blog, I am pleased to report that, as of this week, my heat is again working and I therefore can hang out in my room and sleep without freezing to death. This is a wonderful development and I fully intend to take advantage of it.

One final, unrelated point: I watched Butler pull another ridiculous victory they didn't deserve out of their collective *** on ESPN U tonight. Cleveland state was up about 7 in an extremely low scoring game with 2 to go. It took Butler hitting a 3 pointer with time expiring to have either team break 50 points. Final score 50-48. Butler opened the game 3-3 from 3 point territory and then hit one of their next 14 from behind the line, only to close with several 3s in a row and steal a game they looked awful in. Sound familiar?

1 comment:

Brett said...

"sound familiar"...hmm, let's see. Nope, they definitely never beat us on a B.S., last-second 3. That especially didn't happen on February 5th of this past season when ESPN was at the ARC.

And by the way, your "stream of consciousness" posts are quality. I couldn't do it, though. You'd be surprised (well, actually maybe not) at how many effed up ideas are in my head. Any attempt by myself to do that would probably end in disaster.