December 8, 2008

classy

I must be on the road to becoming classy. I went to the Art Museum in downtown Chicago yesterday and that makes two art museums in about 2 months. I was slightly depressed that most of the Monet and Van Gogh were currently not available for viewing, but there was a lot of other stuff that was well worth checking out. I am always fascinated by pointilism such as this wonderful work.

The reason for this visit to the art institute was to celebrate 3 wonderful years with Kristin. We realized that looking back on the three years, Chicago has been a spot we love to visit for some of our exciting "dates" so there was no place better to go to celebrate. A walk down Michigan ave in the winter, seeing ice skaters and all the lights and displays made for a romantic evenign as well. We ended up returning to the Grand Lux Cafe to dine. This was a great choice as well. We shared an entree of melt in your mouth shrimp and top sirloin and topped it off with wine and white chocolate rasberry truffle cheesecake. The atmosphere was also quite good for our purposes. You are all encouraged to check facebook for a few photos of our day.

No comments: