Yep...you read the title correctly. I'm currently playing french horn in the VUSO...why? Don't ask me. DFC asked that I play horn for no credit because they only have two players this semester. So...it's a chance to play in Severance Hall, the home of the Cleveland Orchestra.
Musical news also includes my plans to purchase a C trumpet within the next few weeks. I'm quite excited and will immediately put it to use working on several solos. Also, I'll be playing in a VU composition recital on February 7th.
That's pretty much all the musical updates. I attended the Indiana Music Educator's Association conference this past weekend in Indy. It was a very informative time and I got to hear several good speakers and a lot of great performances including one by the Synergy Brass. I also had the opportunity to eat some amazing Jumbalya at Rock Bottom with drinks on Friday night. Good times, good times.
Classes in my final semester are alright, I suppose. I like them all ok except for one...Gender Studies. This is already a lengthy post so I'll not delve into my reasons for despising that class and save that for another post.
That's about it, I'd best be off to take the shower I awakened too late to take this morning.
1 comment:
The hell is Gender Studies?
That can't be required for Music Ed...and you heard me rant about how much of a blowoff Art 101 is, you should have taken that!
Post a Comment