Normally, the best part of a weekend would be copious consumption on a Saturday night, but this past weekend, that wasn't the case...read on to find out the best part of this weekend. Saturday was just a great day in general. Kristin and I had the chance to go miniature golfing with 3 guys I don't have the opportunity to see very often anymore over at Zao Island. I also got some good Mario Kart action in, which is usually a plus. Red Robin for dinner with a mob of people was great too. I highly recommend the Whiskey River BBQ burger if you haven't tried it before. Excellent. Then we headed over to Meghan's for socializing purposes. Pictures were taken and conversation got a little awkward from time to time...but a great night was had by all, but Kyle...haha. What's wrong with that kid? Who just leaves without telling anyone where he was going or saying goodbye? And he did it again on Sunday when he was supposed to go frisbee golfing with us (FYI frisbee golfing was great as well.) Oh, and for all of you who were wondering, yes we made it back ok after leaving Meghan's Saturday night. Haha.
Anyway, on to the best part of the weekend...Chicago with Kristin on Friday. I ditched my guitar class to leave at lunch time to catch a 1PM train to Chicago. That put us into Chicago at around 2:30. The weather was pretty amazing. Much better than our last fun trip there where we both had to wear jackets and were still cold. We walked through Millenium Park and took pictures at the Bean...naturally. One of the shots we took was a kissing shot which I have decided not to subject you all to seeing via facebook, but...it is necessary to mention it here. The reason being: A man with a camera totally seemed to be about to take a picture of us and then said and I quote "OOO...Kissy Kissy...I like!" CREEPY!!! This has of course become a standard joke for the next few days. Moving on, we then headed off to Adler Planetarium for the sweet view of the lake and the skyline. Walking around Adler we realized that a hurricane must have hit Lake Michigan because it was quite wavy and the wind was quite possibly the strongest I've ever felt. It could have easily blown me over had I not been leaning into it and bracing myself the whole time. Sea Gulls were attempting to fly into it and merely floated in the air because it was so stiff.
After that fun we headed back toward Michigan Ave where we walked around looking for Virgin Records which we later found was closed down and no longer there. So...after traversing the entire length of Millenium to the lake on Michigan Ave we turned around and came back to meet Britta for dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe...excellent food. I must say it is very spoiling to get to see Britta 3 days in a row. Our evening closed out wiht a walk around Nordstrom's mall and then a run through a thunderstorm to a Starbucks and then Millenium Station for a ride back to campus.
Upon getting back to campus, we called Brett who was in town by this time and met him as well as Kyle at Duffy's. This was of course a good time and had some funny story lines, but they'd be difficult to explain to people who weren't there.
That's about it...except for the large amounts of homework I've now had to do Sunday evening, Monday, and today up to this point to make up for what I didn't accomplish over the weekend.
I'm pretty sure we all need to live in the same area so we can have weekends like this more often.
That is now officially all.
1 comment:
Well, I suppose without Kyle around, we wouldn't have any great stories!
Post a Comment