This is a follow-up post on one of my Useless Stat of the Day entries.
I went to Macy's yesterday to exchange a shirt my brother had bought me for my birthday. I got a new blue polo and 3 pairs of nice socks in place of the one shirt in case you were wondering. However, it is important to note that even I fell into the trap yesterday. I walked into Macy's, a department store, and IMMEDIATELY turned to the right! I guess I'm just another statistic. How pathetic has my life become? Haha, I actually, as you might expect, don't feel bad about this at all. The fastest way to the Men's Department was a turn to the right, but I couldn't help but notice that I was just doing what was expected, no excitement from me.
As you may have gathered from Facebook, a good memory, or the above paragraph, my birthday has just passed. It turned out to be a great day with quite a few meaningful, fun, and exciting gifts. Some others were useful, and a few added up to hilarious laughs. My sister and her family came down the street and my parents helped me celebrate as well. We played croquet, cornhole, and hillbilly golf and ate steak, baked potatoes, and corn for dinner...all in all, a near perfect day.
The fourth was a bit of a repeat, eating grilled food, lots of outdoor games, and the same people involved. I did, however, also attend Mentor's parade, and had I not dehydrated myself on a few beers and some soda with little to no water intake, I would have also attended Mentor's fireworks. Sadly, however, the aforementioned consumption led to bed rest and I had to catch fireworks at Fairport Harbor on the fifth instead.
Useless Stat of the Day:
Just in case you are ever in a bind with no ruler or yardstick around...A coat hanger is 44" long if you straighten it.
I am actually tempted to test this one out, because we have some homemade coat hangers here at home and I have a feeling that not all coat hangers are created equally, but if there is any validity to this particular stat your measuring woes could be over.
1 comment:
That's easy, Dave.
When walking down a sidewalk with walkers in 2 directions, you stay to the right.
When you're driving (in America), you drive on the right side.
People naturally drift right when they don't have a specific reason to go left. That, I think, is what the stat is about.
Now, if you were to take a survey of people who NEED something on the right side of the store, vs. people who NEED something on the left side, it'd probably come up 50/50.
But most everyone who's just walking through will stay right.
Post a Comment