July 19, 2010

Drifting

I've decided that I don't need to refer to friends as friends and instead can refer to them by names. With that in mind, Bill scored some tickets to the Lake County Speedway through his work for Saturday night and Emily and I made a venture there with him. Riding in his large diesel truck is quite enjoyable in and of itself, but the show was even better. I can't stand watching NASCAR at all, but perhaps it is because I have never been to a live one. The track we went to is the smallest one with any affiliation to NASCAR and the races were pretty funny and the Figure 8 features produced many moments of, "Holy cow, they're gonna...whew, that was close!" The highlight of the night and the reason I went with Bill, however, was to see the halftime show. Our friend Chad was out in his car with the rest of Drift Cleveland and they were, yep, you guessed it, drifting. If you've never seen drifting I'm sure you can find tons of videos of it on Youtube, but basically the drivers attempt to make their cars do on dry pavement what the rest of us fear doing on ice and snow. They intentionally put their cars into sweet looking spins.

I am also happy to report that I had a few Long Islands after the show at The Winking Lizard. It had been far too long since the last time I'd consumed perhaps my favorite drink. I've made several stops over at that bar in the past week or so, and it feels good.

In other news, after an early flurry of trips disc golfing, I have not yet made it out since my birthday to try out my Champion Beast driver. The temperature and general business of those that would go with me and myself have prevented such an outing from occurring. With Emily's wedding this weekend and Jeremiah gone for the week to the LCMS National Youth Gathering in New Orleans, I fear that this outing may have to wait until I return home from the Smoky Mountains and family vacation sometime late next week.

Useless Statistic of the Day? I know I missed putting on into the last post.
One month after Michael Jackson passed away, his Facebook Page has become the first (by a big margin) to reach 10 million fans.
This fact is not all that surprising, I suppose, but it's all I have for today.

No comments: