I found out that I'm a good uncle, but not yet "dad" material this weekend as I played baby sitter for the nieces and nephew. Their parents were out of town to two different places for a retirement party and a youth group related conference. My parents were also off to the retirement party so that left me making sure they survived without parents or grandparents around. No diaper changing was necessary, thankfully. However, attention was necessary all of my waking hours. I was the good uncle, but if I had to deal with more added aspects like: "Can I go see (boyfriend)?" "Can I have some pop?" "He did this!" "She did that!"
and if the duration had been longer? I'm not ready yet. Now it's just me at home by myself, and I like it this way. Children are a thing for the future...after more self-serving years have passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment