August 17, 2009

Bolt and Phelps

The FINA World Championships is going on right now...which I normally wouldn't pay much attention to, but when Yahoo informs me that Usain Bolt ran a 9.58 sec 100m dash...I have to start paying attention. That shattered his World Record time set at the Olympics last summer by .11 seconds. That is absolutely amazing. The man can fly if you give him some wings to get a draft under with that kind of speed.
While checking out the page further, I read that Milorad Cavic is claiming to have won the controvercial 100m Butterfly at the Olympics last summer. This being the race Phelps edged him out by a hundreth of a second in. Pretty sure that is just an excuse to have the rest of the world think the US cheats and to taint the amazing world record 8 medals, but perhaps I'm biased. However, thinking that you know better than the computer does on a matter of 1 hundredth of a second is ridiculous cosidering you were in the pool with walls of water around you and couldn't see anything. I rest my case.

No comments: