I played a new Disc Golf course yesterday. It is not as good as some of the others which I have played, but it was worth it, just to find out. I played relatively poorly, managing to hit 3 trees on one hole and land a disc in a 4 ft wide stream on another, however, my score didn't suffer as much as one might expect. The course played quite long, but I managed to average just a bit over 4 per hole. I'll take that as I haven't been playing much this summer.
Today, I did a little catching up on sports. Usain Bolt has shattered his own records on the 100m and 200m, both by 0.11 seconds. Amazing. The record holders on both the 400m and the long jump want him to try those events thinking he has a shot at shattering their records as well and is clearly not challenged by the field at the 100m or 200m. Phelps chimed in, breaking another record as well. The 100m Butterfly, the race which Cavic claims to have beaten him in, as I posted in an earlier blog, has now been set by Phelps as he edged out Cavic, yet again.
The Browns finally scored an offensive touchdown for the first time in quite a few games dating back to last season. Unfortunately, this didn't happen until we faced the Lions (0-16 last season). I guess I have to take what I can get at this point. The Indians are continuing to play well now that the season is hopelessly lost. Typical. Luckily the Buckeyes start in 2 or so weeks and I can watch them bulldoze the Big Ten before losing to some other big name school in a high profile bowl.
2 comments:
About Disc golf,
Yeah, I usually play every course with a par 72 (4/hole). Under 70 is a good round, over 75 is bad.
About Football:
Good for the Browns. You doing fantasy this season? I have myself in at least one league, possibly two.
I was considering it, but I had no idea what to do or how to even start, having never done a fantasy team before.
Post a Comment