...and it's my fault. Haha. Playground squatting causes yet another run in with the police. There's a school in my subdivision here in Mentor and it has a pretty nice playground. Well, a friend of mine...who coincidentally was also involved in the hilarity of the previous post...and I were bored and not tired at around midnight a few nights ago. We decided to go swing and play on the playground over at the school. Not suspecting a school playground in a subdivision as a place cops would frequent, we were quite surprised when a cop pulled a U-turn on the road that passes the school. We ran for it and took a walk around the strip mall that is adjacent to the school. After walking for about 10-15 minutes, we circled back around and sat on the swings some more. About half an hour later a cop, presumably the same one, pulled another U-turn and this time stopped in the middle of the road facing us so that his headlights illuminated us. We ran for it again...down the hill to the adjacent strip mall, this time choosing the alley behind the stores instead of walking through the deserted parking lot. Just as we were entering the alley we saw a spotlight shining around the playground.
This experience is one we will think back on and laugh about frequently, because we have to wonder whether the cop will actually report his visits to the playground to his fellow officers or not. Our Friendly Neighborhood Cop: "I swear I saw two young people on those swing." Other Officer: "Were they the at the same spot both times?" OFNC: "Yeah, the same exact spot." OO: "Did you see any evidence of them when you got into the parking lot and looked around the playground?" OFNC: "No, but they were there, I swear it!"
Hmmm...I guess this makes me a residential ghost.
What an entertaining week...I wonder what tonight and tomorrow will bring.
2 comments:
Ha! If only I lived in this subdivision, as I am hardly ever tired around midnight. :P
I'd watch out about the hanging out in playgrounds thing, now that you're out of school. I guess when you were a carefree college kid, stuff like that was fine.
But nowadays it'll probably come off as creepy to some...
Post a Comment