I learned nearly as much today...in one day...as I did in several semesters at Valparaiso. That's sad. Instrument repair is not a frightening subject anymore. I spent several hours with my old Junior High band director today determining which school owned instruments were fixable, and which needed to be sent into the professionals. This is an important way to save your department money and therefore spend it on other important things, like new instruments, sheet music, stands, and such. Good things. Taking a walk through my old junior high which is now a middle school was kind of fun too. Nothing much has changed, except the students look younger...partially because of the introduction of 6th graders and lack of 9th graders, but mostly because every year I get older, and kids seem to get younger/smaller.
On an unrelated note...I may have reduced my caffeine addiction by a lot. I haven't had anything caffeinated in 2 days and am not experiencing a headache. I don't know what's wrong with me. I actually feel like I have more energy than usual as well. Who knew?
In conclusion, I leave you with the thought that I am a moderate sports fan living in a terrible state for such allegiances. The Indians are awful this year, though they won tonight. The Cavs were absolutely horrendous against Orlando. The Browns just don't stand a chance any time soon. Ohio State is on the cusp of greatness nearly every year in one sport or another without succeeding. This is ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment