April 10, 2012

I Need Help

Haha, the title may make this seem a little more desperate than it is, however, I do feel that this may be a difficult struggle. I can't shake the feeling lately that I'm enough past my last set of struggles that it may be time to look at a new beast in the eye: my caffeine addiction. This is the subject of my blog tonight as I think I'm currently suffering from a crash off of what was probably too much caffeine today. I realize that caffeine won't cause me to get into a fatal car accident and probably won't reach the point that I overdose and die of poisoning. That being said, it is still an addiction and as such with none of the rest of my post to come should be crushed. I have two ideas and am not sure whether to take the easy one or the hard one. The first is to break the addiction completely before I start my "professional career in a year or so. The second is to learn to drink the far less expensive and caloric coffee rather than energy drinks and sodas. I'm thinking the second as a means to weening myself off of caffeine for the most part as the eventual goal may be the most realistic approach. The problem...I'm yet to find coffee which is bearable to drink. And this is where I've rested for the past few weeks, perhaps even months. This is the first time I've been very outright about it, so maybe it will incite a movement. I can hope, right?

No comments: