April 6, 2012

Holy Week

Two things occurred to me today. The first is that it was during Holy Week last year that the big shock to the system hit and my life finally began the turn around. This has been a crazy year of changes for me which I'd rather not discuss in detail in a single post. Those that need to know, know, and those that don't need to know...probably already know more than they/I would like them to.

The second is that it took all of that crazy life altering stuff last year to really kick my mind into gear so the Lenten journey I, and my fellow Christians take each year, could really sink in. It was an emotional ride last year and remembering all of that and putting it into perspective with a year of hard-work and the mistakes I still make under my belt has made this Lent exceptionally meaningful for me again. I can hardly imagine a life without the sure and certain hope of salvation and for that I feel truly blessed.

Happy Easter as it comes up in a few days. I hope that everyone's plans work beautifully and that weather cooperates as needed :-)

No comments: