I'm sitting in my room, having just finished up an online assignment for one of my classes. I've become a bit of a Steve Miller Band fan. I heard "The Joker" on the way back from Nelson's Ledges last fall and thought it was catchy. I came to find out that they also did "Fly Like an Eagle" and this led me to walk over to Record Den a block or so from my house and purchase their greatest hits. It is a solid album for a day like today. It didn't distract me from my work, but once my work was done I am also able to concentrate on it and enjoy it.
Last night, my good friend and fellow worker, who was scheduled to close, went home early from work sick. This left me alone in the kitchen at that awful establishment for three hours. I hope that doesn't happen to me again for quite some time as it was both boring and somewhat stressful as we were not particularly dead and I had no one to talk to or receive help from.
When I got home from that stressful night, I sat out on the porch for almost an hour enjoying the cool, but not cold, weather while sipping on a Coke and wasting time on Facebook. This was such a good way to wind down that I may employ it more and more often. Just imagining a night where a thunderstorm is rolling by gets me excited for this new plan.
Still haven't gotten out to disc golf yet, but have been giving the sport some more thought and have come to the conclusion that my next purchase of a disc will have to be a heavier mid-range disc so I can have solid control on a windy day up at one of the courses by the lake. My Boss cuts the wind well on drives, but the Shark just can't stand up to them at all for approaches/mid -range throws. I hope to get out on Sunday, if not before, weather permitting. ::crosses fingers::
No comments:
Post a Comment