June 29, 2011

Next Step

One class down! Took the Spanish exam Monday night and feel I did well. Three scores in the 90s means that with this one being respectable too, I should have an A for my first class back from the dark side. I'm happy to report that achieving that short-term goal has left me ready to continue to succeed and feel the satisfaction of being productive. I started 3 classes and things are going to get a bit more hectic for the next 5 weeks. A personal finance class from Valpo, Basic Econ and PE from Lakeland. These classes aren't particularly difficult but two of them are online and having never taken online classes before, this is already becoming a learning experience for me. I think overall it is a good thing as it is forcing me to learn to manage my time so that the decently heavy work-load is completed while I put in my 30+hrs at work each week.

Me gusta la clase de Espanol. Mi Profesor de Espanol fue muy interesante, dificil, y divertido.

I've been playing a fair amount of tennis the last three or four weeks and it's been really good to be active on a regular basis. A few of the days I've played for as much as three hours, not realizing the time had gone by only to feel exhausted and get some of the best sleep of recent memory. Restful sleep has been hard to come by with one major aspect of my life being far from how I wish it could be. But alas, when you've made the mistakes I've made...things going as well as they are in all other aspects is plenty to rejoice about.

I'm very much so looking forward to a week vacation in about a month for a family reunion in WV and a mini reunion with just my parents and their kids' families present at a lake house in MD. Getting away from here and relaxing with family is what the doctor has been ordering.

No comments: