Upon completion and posting of this post, I will be tucking myself into freshly washed and straightened sheets. The temperature has dropped 30 degrees during the course of the day to be at a comfortable lower 60s range after 24 hrs of unbearable heat for early June. Should be a great night of sleep and one that is much needed after 3 nights in a row of post 1:30am bedtimes. I am certainly not complaining about the bedtimes...I just think it's worthwhile to note that with an open shift on Monday and those three late nights, I'm resting at around 4 and a half hours per night for sleep.
Two nights were spent with a good friend that I haven't spent time with nearly enough lately. Trips to Wal-Mart, a gas station, and watching a movie while talking about anything and everything was a great way to relax this week. All you can eat wings with the best friend up from Louisiana and another good friend made for another good night.
Totally aced my first Spanish test on Tuesday too! 94.5! The class is quite tough, but the type of tough where I am absolutely amazed at how much Spanish I know in 3 four day weeks. 2 more weeks to go, and a lot of material to learn before the next test on this coming Tuesday. Looks like a few hours this weekend will be spent memorizing lots of stem-changing verbs and irregular verbs as well as learning to converse about plans for the future and invitations. Oh yeah, and all the stuff one can talk about when la familia is brought up in conversation.
I've truly been blessed to have Prof. Marcos as my first professor back from my dark days. The work ethic and study methods I'm developing now have the potential to carry me through my remaining schooling. Not only that, I am in it to learn this time, not just to pass classes. What a novel concept!
No comments:
Post a Comment