September 8, 2010

Jim Thome

I have always been a big Thome fan. My adoration never left him even though he left Cleveland. As such, I can honestly say that I was very excited to learn this morning that he moved into a tie for 8th place on the All-time home runs list at 586 in his career. The Indians are so awful that it was great to have an interest in the baseball reports on Sportscenter this morning.

I am a part of a Fantasy Football league for the first time and I have to admit that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. This should be a funny season as I awkwardly pick players to play on my team from week to week. Not sure how I feel about Fantasy, but a friend invited me and I felt there weren't escape options as it takes as much, or as little, time as you are able/willing to devote to it.

The big game on Saturday should be a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully, the Buckeyes will put the Canes in their place and the College Football fans and analysts around the country can shut up and wait to see if the Buckeyes are for real this season.

And now, moving away from sports...As you are all aware, Kristin has a job in Del Rio, TX. I do not yet have a job which is a very frustrating development, or lack of development. This is beginning to result in planning for next year because there seem to be a decent number of jobs down in that area, between subbing, the principal trying to find me a teaching position in the area, and a big base. However, next Summer is looking very far away as a time to be able to be with Kristin permanently. That being said, staying at home will probably be a good option for saving some money and making loan payments. Definitely looking forward to a visit to Del Rio in early October, though!

A Valpo visit this fall would be fantastic, but seems somewhat unlikely as finances should probably be focused on loans and the Fiancee instead...but maybe something could be worked out somehow, or a Cedar Point trip? Is anyone up for a Halloweekends adventure?

2 comments:

@_ZON3 said...

I'm up for a Halloweekends adventure. Provided timing works...

MegHan said...

Dude, you know you can count me in for a Halloweekend...provided I don't eat any bad sausage the night before.