September 14, 2010

Disc Golf Update

I found a sweet website, discgolfscene.com, where I can upload my scores, discs, and favorite courses. All I need now? Some friends! I've given some serious consideration to attempting a tournament sometime, and being on this website will both let me know when and where they are occurring, and if I should even try (AKA whether or not the competition is too stiff for me to enter without feeling really dumb).

My trip out to Lake Shore Park in Ashtabula on Sunday was awesome. The course was fun as usual and I had great competition from my nephew, Jeremiah, who actually beat me by a stroke. I have several excuses lined up if justification for the loss is necessary, but truth be told, he and I play fairly evenly and losing to him eventually was predetermined. The weather was gorgeous with a high in the low 70s and sun with a 15mph wind coming off of Lake Erie. The wind caused us all a little bit of trouble, but we fought through and had a good outing overall.

Today, I plan on attempting to get out and play a round this afternoon, but we'll see if that happens. I also need to do a few chores around the house and decide what my availability at work will be/when I will be visiting Kristin/what ensembles to audition for and such.

As for right now, I think I could use an energy drink to kick off my day, so I'm out.

No comments: