I went to Rachel Defassio and Sam Bowerman's wedding last weekend with Kristin...who was in town by the way. The wedding was a full mass and therefore way too long for the unairconditioned church. Didn't help that I had to be there four extra hours for the rehearsal and then Kristin's quintet's rehearsals. The reception was open bar though, which is always a plus. It was fun to see old faces and party it up in PA with Kristin. Dinner overlooking the city from the top of the Duquesne Incline may have been the highlight outside of wedding festivities.
With the rest of Kristin's visit we caught up on visiting my family, seeing my best friend who is also currently in town, and a trip to my bar of choice...The Winking Lizard ('tis a great name for a bar...I know). A trip to see a pretty sweet waterfall in Cuyahoga National Park was one of the keys to our last day before her flight back.
The weekend of the fourth has been quite enjoyable as it is now wrapping up. I celebrated my birthday on the 2nd so that I could celebrate my niece Kristin's bday on the 3rd...my real birthday. This is ironic, because her actually birthday is the day I celebrated mine. I'm not quite sure why my sister and bro-in-law thought this was the way to do things, but I don't make the decisions, I just roll with the punches. My celebration capped off with a trip to see the Cleveland Orchestra perform at Public Square in downtown Cleveland. We sat in lawn chairs on one of the biggest and busiest roads in Cleveland to hear great music. Yesterday we celebrated the fourth by grilling out and playing outdoor games such as cornhole, croquet, horseshoes, and hillbilly golf...all classics. In the evening we hit up the fireworks as usual and now tonight I just got back from hitting up another set of fireworks. My niece and nephew came with me to sit on the breakwall and view Fairport Harbor's fireworks from across the harbor itself. The delay from light reaching us and sound reaching us was cause for much laughter. We avoided falling in the lake off of the breakwall despite it being dark for the trek back.
My apologies for the merely informational blog post, but I suppose I tend to get this way when I've not updated for quite some time. Hopefully my next post will be more prompt and therefore resume my usual style. Hope everyone's celebrations were up to par and above.
No comments:
Post a Comment