Do not get in a car accident. I was in one Sunday afternoon at 4:45, and that's a moment I won't soon forget. My dad was driving me home from the two of us playing disc golf up at a place on the lake. We played 18 and I found 3 discs, so all was going great, I also got my low score for that course. But then about halfway home at a bend of the road, my dad looked off to the side of the road at a restaraunt we had been thinking of eating at sometime and it all happened so fast. I glanced forward to see an SUV with its left turn signal on and stopped and very little space. I yelled at my dad to watch out and stop...he slammed on the brakes and we screached to a halt about 3 feet from the car, but the relief had no time to set in as the car behind us hit us at 35, didn't brake at all or was speeding something awful. My head slammed into the metal piece holding the visor in place and I had a nice 2-3" welt to show for it just under my receding hairline. My back has become increasingly sore each day after and my dad is very shaken up and hasn't yet gotten back in the driver's seat. I can't blame him, I just did today.
I talked to the paramedic who was on the scene quickly as well as the police. THe paramedic asked me quite a few questions and determined that I didn't need immediate medical attention. It was to my discretion as to whether to go to the hospital or not and I can go in if any other problems develop.
My dad isn't at fault, the car behind is with an ACD...that is all.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!! Glad you are all right.
I've been in a few fender benders..nothing serious, but I still think about them each time I'm at one of those intersections.
EEEEEK!
That is no good. No good at all. I hope your back starts to become increasingly better.
Thanks for your concern. It is appreciated. Yeah, I don't think I'm going to stop being nervous anytime soon. It makes driving somewhat rough. It helps a bit tnat I wasn't the one driving in the first place, though.
Post a Comment