Ever have one of those days where you are tired all day, but never sleepy? You are just sort of lazy and don't feel like putting effort into anything? They tend to happen on days where you should be busy. Today...I had the wonderful experience of that feeling falling on a day where I could do just that...nothing. It is a glorious thing. It was much needed too, after having started work this past week. I've not yet adjusted to starting at 7am or to standing all day so sleeping in 'til around 11 was the perfect remedy.
On a completely different topic, I find it quite sad that 83% of polled Japanese are following our nation's presidential race while only 80% of our own people are. How can more of another country's citizens care about our country than our own? I think this proves the pure and simple fact that a great number of our population don't feel that they count in our representative democracy (or as I may begin to call it: "Smoke and Mirrors Democracy"). Apathy is running at an all-time high, yet we all reserve the right to complain about how this nation is run. I am, myself, guilty of this most of the time. Most other countries also feel that Barak will make a better president than McCain and that no matter who is elected, changes will occur that will be for the betterment of foreign policy as compared to Bush's reign.
Another scary fact dawned on me today; the terrible flooding occuring in WI and IA has and will continue to destroy a large portion of the world's crops and food. This is going to cause gas related inflation of grocery cost to balloon terribly, increasing our country's poverty and unemployment rates. Not good times, not good times. I am quite glad that upon graduation I will be able to find a job that will never cease to exist. Children will always need an education.
2 comments:
Hmm. Days where you don't feel like doing anything. I commit each Saturday to doing nothing. Doing nothing on Saturday, and playing kickball on Sunday are necessary activities for me; they help me keep my sanity.
That's not a bad thing at all.
It was just brought to my attention about 45 minutes ago that the flooding is affecting Wisconsin too. Any idea how Knoll's holding up? I hear the flooding was bad in Cedar Rapids.
I haven't heard anything from Knoll in quite some time. I hope he's alright.
Post a Comment