November 12, 2009

Veterans Day

I understand not supporting the war or other military efforts, but people that call in to the RMG or Maxwell belittling our troops and saying that we shouldn't even have days to honor them really bother me. I truly believe that without a solid military our lives would be at risk every day...and not just by car accidents. Treading softly and carrying a big stick seems to be a good plan. Unfortunately, we tend to not realize how loudly we tread.

On another note, I'm beginning to think that LeBron leaving Cleveland could be a good thing. Getting rid of a player like him could open a hole to pay two or maybe even three star players instead of only having him with some mediocre players around him. If we got 3 young stars with bright and long futures ahead of them, who knows how long we could have a good team. That being said...the Cavs have played 8ish games so far, and I've seen a collective 2 minutes of play...obviously I don't pay that much attention.

Last point for today: if you have the opportunity to join a handbell choir, do it. If it isn't laid back...leave it. They are so fun to play; but why put yourself under stress for something voluntary?

2 comments:

Brett said...

Troop-belittlers are bags of douche. That's all I have to say about that.

As to your comments on a handbell choir: The benefit you receive from something (really anything) should always outweigh how much it can suck sometimes, or all the time. And that applies to your job, activities, the Cleveland Cavaliers, women, pretty much everything.

I can't think of one possible benefit of a handbell choir besides social interaction. In that sense, it's a lot like kickball. If people're taking it too seriously, you need to slap them all in the face and tell them to loosen up. And if that doesn't work, quit.

Dave said...

Well said, my friend. I did quit the Valpo one for precisely those reasons, but this one I'm in now is much more laid back and entertaining.