May 27, 2009

feeling old

Becoming a college graduate should make me feel younger than being an old college student, but it hasn't done that yet. I happen to feel quite old now. I rearranged my room, and I think that is the problem. For quite some time, my room has been a center of youth. I hadn't really changed much of the layout for far too long, thus it was time for a massive overhaul. What do I want to save, throw away, or save (but put in the attic)? It feels nice to have that decided. All I have to accomplish now is picking what to hang on my bare walls. A plaque with my diploma in it will go nicely as will pictures of my fiancee.

The week has been tons of fun. Chicago with Jon's family and my parents was great last Monday. Wednesday's travel back to home went smoothly and the remainder of the week was spent largely on the above concern and unpacking/repacking dormroom things. The weekend was relaxing and fun as I caught up with my nieces and nephew, did some hiking, played my trumpet for church and my usual Memorial Day paying gig at the yacht club in town. Outdoor game playing and food consumption made up the majority of my Memorial Day after the gig. The cookout/outdoor fun is a family tradition for summer holidays and birthdays.

Hopefully this week will bring news that I have summer employment and more relaxation/sun tan opportunities.

1 comment:

Brett said...

I've got an idea for the summer. And it'll get you a hot farmer's tan like I have: join a kickball league. Cleveland's got a bunch of them.

I'm going a step above my spring campaign in kickball. Now I'm going to be doing Saturdays, Sundays, AND Thursday nights.